ICASR Academic Services staff provide comprehensive academic advising services to all matriculated students. Such services assist each student in clarifying and realizing their educational goals from the beginning of their study program until they successfully complete it and graduate.
Once a student is officially enrolled, a professional academic adviser will be assigned to him. This adviser will then maintain regular contact with that student so as to collaboratively guide them through the administrative processes and paperwork required during each stage of their academic program.
ICASR academic advisers are available by appointment year-round to assist students in at least the following areas:
- Introduction to Academic-related Resources
- Introduction to ICASR Academic Policies & Procedures, including the different roles and responsibilities students and advisers respectively have.
- Organizational, Study & Time management Strategies for Academic Success
- Career Path Exploration (in conjunction with the Career Development Office and the Career Center)
- Educational & Career Goals Development & Implementation
- Evaluating Student Academic Progress
- Dealing with Special Situations (Maintaining acceptable GPA and CGPA levels, Completing assigned classwork and homework to required standards, etc.)
- Requesting Academic Exemptions (Taking official leaves of absence from the University for various reasons etc.)
- Planning for Graduation
In addition, each student’s assigned adviser will quickly connect them to a suitably-qualified faculty member capable of providing more specific guidance involving their chosen degree program and future career path.