Is a B.Com compulsory for becoming a CA
Financial degrees are not only hard to secure but are the most valuable too as far as the field of commerce is concerned. The Bachelors of commerce (B.COMM) degree is a great financial degree but it is a great misconception among the masses that it is a part of the requirement for the Chartered Accountant (C.A.). The regulations released by the ICAI states that the basic requirement that is needed to do the Chartered Accountancy is a senior secondary pass certificate and then you can take the foundational route to C.A. he foundational route is for the 12TH pass out who would like to gain insight into the foundation as far as Chartered accountancy is concerned.
The Chartered Accountancy is divided into three levels that are as follows:
A candidate needs to complete the above mentioned stages in order to become a Chartered accountant. Let us now talk about Is a B.Com compulsory for becoming a CA?
The answer to this is no. As mentioned above the candidate who is interested to become a Chartered accountant does not need a Bachelors of commerce degree if they would like to start from the beginning which is the foundation level. However if the candidates are looking for a direct entry into the C.A program then having a B.comm degree can be a great idea. Apart from this a b.com degree ill ensure true understanding of the subjects that are included in C.A. Hence if you consider the bigger picture then getting a B.comm degree is quite helpful and also allows candidates the chance to get a direct entry in the course.
However, there is no denying in the fact that having a B.COM degree makes it easy for the candidates to get through the subjects that they deal with while studying for Chartered accountancy. There is also a lot of similarity between the subjects and therefore the candidates are able to grasp them with much ease. Therefore it is a great option but not compulsory.Read More
Can i do Ph.D after MBA in Finance
MBA or Masters in Business Administration with a speciality in finance is a great course that is not only professional but at the same time allows candidates the scope to have great exposure to the financial world where they can get accustomed to the challenges and the hardships that a financial professional has to go through. Finances are never stable and therefore the course requires a typical understanding of the concepts and theories involved in a financial situation so as to come up with the best possible solution that not only helps but also allow the clients to have a better future perspective as far as finances are concerned.
Can I do PhD after MBA in finance? The answer to this is- The MBA course in finance is a great option for anyone who is good with numbers and it also leads to some of the great careers that one can have after doing the MBA in finance. Taking the doctoral program is surely a great way to enhance your finance career.
Now if you would like to go for further study and have plans of doing a PhD in Finance then the rest of the paper will cover can I do PhD after MBA in finance you need to have the minimum eligibility criteria before entering the Doctoral stage. The minimum requirements also depend on the universities as well so it is always advisable to refer to the website of the university for which you are looking for and then you can check whether you qualify the eligibility criteria or not. However the basic eligibility criteria remain the same for all the universities out there, some of the universities may require some additional documents but all in all the basic eligibility criteria remains the following:
- A candidate must have completed a postgraduate degree in the same discipline in which he/she wants to do the doctoral degree. The candidates must have studied finance-related subjects like accountancy, mathematics and economics from a recognized university.
- And a minimum of 55% in the post-graduation is needed in order to get admission in any finance school for the doctoral program. However, if you belong to the minority classes then you are eligible for a 5% relaxation.
So once you meet the required eligibility criteria, all you need to do is shortlist colleges and universities that are offering doctoral programmes in finance. After finalizing on the college or university, without further ado, you must fill the registration and should file your application for the course you are interested to take. For registrations, you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- Finalize the universities and the institutions that you would like to register for. Visit their official website and before hopping over to the registration page, first, check the eligibility and the other details regarding the course. You must go through the curriculum in order to get better ideas as to what the course will teach you. Once you have checked all the necessary information, all you need to do is register yourself by filling the application form.
- Next comes the entrance exam that you will have to give in order to get the admission into the desired course.
- Once you qualify the entrance examination, you will be asked to appear for an interview process. There are multiple rounds for the interview process.
- Crack the interview in order to get admission into your dream finance school.
This was the overall brief information that will help you with ‘can I do PhD after MBA in finance’.Read More