The Post Graduate Program (PGP) in Business Analytics is a twelve Months, full-time, residential program run by ICASR. The aim of this program is to provide students with a comprehensive background in Analytics – for which demand is fast growing today.
Business Analytics: Business Analytics is the data driven decisions based on the principles of management science and operations research have always been popular in large, professionally managed corporates but have become far more pervasive with the emergence of data science and business analytics. Data science grew out an exponential growth in the availability of data that is automatically generated through digital transactions like phone calls, card swipes, electronic fund transfers, e-Commerce, social media and finally, from smart sensors that are a part of the “Internet of Things”. The ancient science of statistics has found a new life and relevance because of the availability of software tools and techniques that allow oceans of data to be churned at ease to yield the valuable butter of managerial insight that allows us to address real life situations faced by managers in areas like retail, telecom, banking, finance, insurance and operations. This is the genesis of the Business Analytics program at ICASR
Business Analytics is impacting businesses worldwide and companies are on the lookout for professionals who are business ready in analytics. The PGP in business analytics,give an opportunity to all to start their career in business analytics or shift job in this.
In this course we give knowledge of R,machine learning, base SAS and Tableau. These all skills equip to become a successful Data Analytic professional.
- Full-time Graduate in any discipline from any recognized University with a minimum of 50% marks is mandatory
- A minimum of 2 years work experience
- Lectures 150
- No of Hours 300 Hours
- Min Duration 6 Month
- Max Duration 1 Years
- Skill Level Advance
- Language English
- Students 1134
- Certificate MSCS
- Faculty World Class
- Recognition International
- Methodology Research Based
Module 1 : Introduction to Business Analytics
- Predictive Business Analytics
- Analysis Vs Analytics
- Extracting business value from the 4 V's of big data.
- Analytics Life Cycle
- Moving from Statistician to Data Scientist
- Types of Analytics
Module 2 : Basic Statistics
- Definition of Data
- Meaning of Variable
- Understanding Data Types
- Measures of Central Tendency in Data
- Understanding Skewness in Data
- Measures of Dispersion
- Understanding Data Distribution
Module 3 : Introduction To R Software
- R Base Software
- Understanding CRAN
- RStudio The IDE
- Basic Building Blocks in R
- Sequence of Numbers in R
- Understanding Vectors in R
- Handling Missing Values in R
- Subsetting Vectors in R
- Matrices and Data Frames in R
- Logical Statements in R
- Using the Lapply, sapply, vapply and tapply functions
- Looking at Data in R
- Simulations in R
- Date and Time Functions
Module 4 : Linear Regression & Logistic Regression
- Covariance and Correlation in Data
- Multivariate Analysis
- Extract the Data in R
- Univariate Analysis of Data
- Apply Data Transformations
- Bivariate Analysis
- Identify Multicollinearity in Data
- Identify Hetroscedasticity
- Modelling of Data
- Variable Significance Identification
- Reason for using Logistic Regression
- The Logistic Transform
- Logistic Regression Modelling
- Model Optimization
- Understanding the ROC Curve
Module 5 : Segmentation
- Definition of Clustering
- Understanding the working of Kmeans Algorithm
- Cluster Size Optimizationvs Definition Optimization
- Case for Clustering on Customer Data Set
- Creating Clusters
- Using Clusters for Profiling
Module 6 : Machine Learning - R
- What is Machine Learning?
- Types of Problems and Tasks
- Features, Models and Design of ML Study
Module 7 : Store data analytics and reporting using Base SAS
- Create reusable pipeline's in Base SAS for ETL, Analysis and Reporting Jobs on a Retail Business Data
- Extraction, Transformation, Loading Data, Analysis & Reporting
Module 8: Data Visualization using Tableau
- Visualizing Vanila, Analytical, Structured and Unstructured Data
- Create Visualization, Storyboard from Contextual Data
- Visualizing Unstructured and Structured Data
Do you provide placement assistance?
YES. ICASR is a largest Business School for working professionals and its existing network includes more than 5000 tech companies. Various companies contacts us for our students profiles regularly and the demand is ever growing for these skills. We regularly post such job opportunities to our certified students.
What are the different business analytics roles in the industry?
Instructors are industry leaders and have at decades of experience in various leadership domains.
- Data Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Financial Analyst
- Marketing Analytics Manager
- Pricing Analyst
- Supply Chain Analyst
- Website Analyst
- Fraud Analyst
- Retail Sales Analyst
- Clinical Analyst
What kind of jobs am I likely to get after this training?
Almost all the big corporations need analytics professionals. You can be promoted in your current company at entry/mid/senior level according to your experience.
Can senior experienced professionals switch to business analytics?
Business analytics is the fastest growing industry across the world. Anyone can do Business analytics course. If you are senior experienced than you can switch to business analytics and according to your knowledge you’ll get the Job or Promotion.
What is the difference between Business Analysis and Business Analytics?
Business Analysis and Business analytics both are different courses. The different between both courses are as Business analysis is used for creating business architecture, preparing a business case,conducting a risk assessment, Requirements elicitation, Business Process Analysis. The business analysis have its own domains. In business analytics you learn the data and reporting. It’s refer to skills, technologies, applications and practices for continuous iterative exploration. And investigation of past business performance to gain insight and drive business planning. Business analytics task are: Using a data warehouse to report past performance. Creating a dashboard to track key performance metrics. Using statistical methods to predict future sales based on past sales. Running simulations to investigate different scenarios
How many students do you accommodate per batch?
Usually 5-10 students. During vacations, expect 10-15 students a batch.
How do you offer online courses for candidates outside?
We conduct online classes through Team Viewer& Skype according to our student’s convenience keeping in mind the time zone. The lab is set up in their laptop /desktop. We log into their machine to show all demo & conduct the classes. Very little bandwidth is used.
What is the process for admission?
Send us an email & we will contact you. Or just come to our office.
May I make payment online for admission without visiting your office?
I have burning question, to which I have not yet found the answer. Whom should I ask?
Shoot an email we will reply you back. Please do not ask something which we already have replied above.